There are various reasons why you may wish to buy Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency without ID. Maybe you are under 18 and don't have an ID, or you wish to purchase crypto anonymously for security reasons. The problem is that a lot of the best crypto exchanges must comply with stringent KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements, in order to operate in certain countries. KYC verification means that a cryptocurrency platform confirms who the user is before letting them conduct any transactions. The aim of this is to minimize or eliminate the chance that criminals use their exchange for money laundering and transferring proceeds of crime from one place to another.
These strict rules can be frustrating for those who are wary about who has access to their personal details, but luckily there are some crypto exchanges that don't require KYC. We have done the research for you and found the best crypto exchanges to buy crypto without ID.
The Best Places to Buy Crypto without ID in 2023
- Bybit: Best exchange to buy crypto without ID
- MEXC: Best exchange to buy crypto without ID in the USA
- KuCoin: Buy a wide range of coins without ID
- Margex: Best for margin trading without ID
- PrimeXBT: Best for CFD trading without ID
- Bisq: Buy Bitcoin on decentralized exchange without ID
The best crypto exchanges without ID: Reviews
After buying crypto without ID on numerous exchanges, we came up with our list of the best ones. Have a look at each of the options below to see if they are right for you, and if you want to find out more, you can read our detailed reviews.
#1. Bybit: Best exchange to buy crypto without ID
Bybit is our top choice for buying crypto without ID. It is a well-established crypto exchange that is one of the best in the world, and has more than 10 million users, with over $10 billion of trading volume worldwide every day. It offers more than 280+ coins, and you can easily purchase crypto using credit/debit card, Google Pay, Apple Pay, or bank transfer. There are a limited number of coins that you can purchase directly on Bybit, for example BTC, ETH, USDT, and some more popular ones. However, if you want to purchase a cryptocurrency that is not available through direct purchase on Bybit, you can buy USDT, and trade it for the coin you like on the exchange.
The spot trading fees are only 0.1%, and if you like to trade derivatives, the fees are only 0.01/0.06% (maker/taker). If you are interested in margin trading, you can access up to 100x leverage on Bybit. Bybit's deep liquidity, rapid trade speed of 100,000 trades/second, and demo mode make the platform extremely popular among traders,
Bybit does not support US residents, and it blocks access based on the IP address. However, since no ID is required, you can use a VPN to bypass Bybit's geo-lock. For example, if you set your VPN location to Australia, you will be able to use Bybit to buy crypto without ID.
- Large global exchange that has been around since 2018, and has over 10 million users
- Buy crypto with credit/debit card, Google Pay, Apple Pay, or bank transfer
- Extremely low trading fees
- 24/7 live chat support
- Testnet demo mode so you can learn how to trade and test out new strategies risk-free
- Not available in the USA
#2. MEXC: Best exchange to buy crypto without ID in the USA
MEXC is the top pick for buying crypto without ID for US residents, since Bybit is not allowed in the USA. Not only can you purchase crypto directly on MEXC using credit/debit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay, but you can also trade over 1,520+ coins, the largest range of any crypto exchange. Trading fees are very low, at only 0.2% for spot trading, and just 0.02% for futures trading.
If you are interested in trading crypto but are not sure how to do it, you can use MEXC's Copy Trading feature. You can browse the most profitable crypto investors on MEXC, and opt to automatically copy their trades exactly. This means you can make money alongside the best crypto traders, without having to do any research of markets, or spend time making trades.
- FREE $25 USDT plus 10% off trading fees
- Over 1,520+ coins, and 2,114 trading pairs
- Spot, margin, and futures trading available
- Low fees of 0.2% for spot trading and 0.02% for futures
- Copy Trading supported so you can make the same trades as the most successful investors
- Limited range of cryptocurrencies to buy directly using fiat
#3. KuCoin: Buy a wide range of coins without ID
KuCoin is the crypto platform for you if you want to buy a wide selection of cryptocurrencies without ID. KuCoin is one of the largest and most popular crypto exchanges in the world, with over 11 million users, and 700+ coins to trade. The fees for spot trading are low, at just 0.1%, and you can discount your fees by 20% if you pay using KCS (KuCoin's own coin). If you are planning to purchase crypto directly using fiat currency, the fee will depend on the third-party payment provider you choose, but will be between 3-5%.
If you like to trade using trading bots, KuCoin offers this for FREE on their site. This is an excellent feature for those who want to automate their trades and take advantage of market fluctuations even while they're asleep. The bots available are Spot Grid, Futures Grid, Smart Rebalance, DCA, and Infinity Grid.
- More than 700+ coins available to trade
- Low trading fees of 0.1% which can be discounted by 20% if you pay with KCS coin
- Spot, margin, and futures trading available
- Free trading bots included in the platform
- Crypto lending, crypto borrowing, and staking supported
- Poor customer service - no live chat available
#4. Margex: Best for margin trading without ID
Margex is another excellent cryptocurrency exchange to buy crypto without ID. You can remain completely anonymous on this platform, and purchase crypto using your debit or credit card. Margex also offers more than purchasing crypto - in fact it focuses on margin trading. It has industry-leading security, holding 100% of users' crypto offline in cold storage, and it has developed a unique system called MP Shield to ensure price manipulation cannot occur. It uses various techniques which are enforced by AI algorithms, constant monitoring of suspicious trading activity, and combining liquidity from more than 12 providers.
The main disadvantage of buying or trading crypto on Margex is the small amount of coins on offer, at just 13. While this includes the most popular cryptocurrencies like BTC, ETH, LTC, and SOL, it is not ideal for those who want to invest in a wide range of coins.
- Buy crypto using credit/debit card without ID
- Excellent customer support available
- Best exchange for margin trading without ID
- Very secure exchange, and protected against price manipulation
- Welcome offer of $100 bonus FREE, plus receive 15% of your first deposit as bonus
- Only supports 13 cryptocurrencies
#5. PrimeXBT: Best for CFD trading without ID
PrimeXBT is a unique option, as it allows you to purchase CFDs (contracts for difference) without ID. There are over 40+ cryptocurrencies available, as well as traditional financial markets, such as forex, indices, and commodities. This makes it a great choice for those who want to diversify their investments from solely crypto. When you trade CFDs it also means that you can 'short crypto' (bet on the price of crypto to fall), which may be an attractive option in a bear market.
PrimeXBT also offers a feature called 'Covesting', also known as copy trading. It is easy to automatically copy the trades of the best investors, and reap the rewards at the same time that they do. It is a great tool for investors who do not have time to research and study the market.
PrimeXBT's fees are very low, at only 0.05%, but keep in mind that you are margin trading CFDs. You do not actually own any cryptocurrency when you buy a CFD.
- 40+ different cryptocurrencies, 50+ forex pairs, 11 stock indices, 5 commodities
- Covesting available to copy the trades of successful investors
- CFD trading means you can bet on prices to rise or fall
- Live chat support
- Only supports margin trading with CFDs - you do not own the actual cryptocurrency
- Not available in the USA, Canada, France, Japan, and Israel
#6. Bisq: Decentralized BTC exchange without ID
Last but not least, we have Bisq, which is a completely decentralized Bitcoin exchange where you can buy BTC without ID. It is completely anonymous, and doesn't require even a name. It is very secure, uses Tor, and there is no storage of crypto or fiat assets on the server.
Bisq accepts more than 15 payment methods, and you can only purchase Bitcoin using fiat currency. However, if you want to anonymously buy other crypto, you can buy BTC using fiat, then trade BTC for one of 125+ different cryptocurrencies. The trading fees are extremely low, at only 0.05% for makers, and 0.35% for takers.
- Fully decentralized platform
- Trade completely anonymously
- Extremely secure, with no crypto or fiat funds stored on the server
- More than 125+ cryptocurrencies to trade
- Over 15+ payment methods accepted
- Not suitable for beginners
- BTC is the only crypto you can buy, but you can trade BTC for other cryptocurrencies
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you buy crypto without ID verification?
Yes, while most crypto exchanges do require ID verification, we have found the best crypto exchanges that do not require ID. Bybit (read review) is the best place to buy crypto without ID verification. Keep in mind that Bybit is not available for US residents; if you are in the US, you can use the next best option, MEXC (read review).
Does Coinbase require ID?
Yes, Coinbase does require verification, but you can easily buy crypto without ID on the exchanges in this list.
Where can I buy ETH without ID?
Can I use KuCoin without verification?
Can I use Binance without ID?
You used to be able to use Binance without ID, but they have changed their protocols, and now require ID verification. If you want to use a crypto exchange like Binance, without ID, you can use Bybit (see review), MEXC (see review), or KuCoin (see review).
Marketplacefairness.org provides all its content for informational purposes only, and this should not be taken as financial advice to buy, trade or sell cryptocurrency or use any specific exchange. Please do not use this website as investment advice, financial advice or legal advice, and each individual's needs may vary from that of the author. This post includes affiliate links with our partners who may compensate us.
To read our terms of service please click the link.